Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Pre-season - Halfway

So, I'm halfway into pre-season with only 12 days til the program starts ... 
Today is weigh in day and there's good news and bad news... The bad news is I haven't lost any kilos on the scales but the good news is I've lost a total of 7cm this week - WOO HOO!!!! I suppose slow and steady wins the race and cm's are a good thing!

It's been a big week!!! I made my first post on the online forums and joined my fellow local 12WBT'ers for a training session. I can't wait to spend more time with these lovely ladies to burn more calories together and more than likely shed some tears as we tackle our SSS (Super Saturday Sessions) together!!  I've also managed to keep getting up at 6.30 for a run as I strive towards to competing in the Run for the Kids 5.5 km event - who would have thought hey!!!!

This week's tasks have been a bit of a mixed bag.. One was a kitchen make over and the other was to make a commitment.. A Commitment to Michelle... This was tough... In her words "Imagine you are an athlete, you’ve just been asked to join the Olympic squad. It’s the opportunity of a lifetime. By shaking the coaches hand you are committing to everything that this entails. Highs as well as the lows, but you KNOW it will be worth it. Now it’s your turn." So here it is... Here's my commitment to Michelle and myself...

My commitment to myself, Michelle, my family and friends is to stick with the 12WBT program and stop making excuses. I want to become a healthier, fitter person. I want to be happy today, tomorrow and always and best of all I want to conquer a 5km fun run and the mighty Inca Trail.. I can do this and I will..

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment