Sunday, April 27, 2014

The next chapter

As you may know a couple of weeks ago I completed my longest run ever (15 k's in the run for the kids). It may not have been my best run or the fastest run, but it made me even hungrier and more determined to reach my next goal - the half marathon.

For the last month, my routine has been disrupted by lots of travel with work, and an injury. However, tomorrow will mark the start of my next 12 week challenge in which I'm looking forward to getting back to basics. It will take me back to 10k's so I can slowly build up the k's, week by week to reach that half marathon distance of 21 k's. Little scary when I think about but I know I can do it.

My biggest challenge will be getting through Melbourne's winter without using the rain or cold as an excuse. I think the key to this will be finding more run groups and buddies to run with. I love it when I get random messages from friends wanting to catch up for a run, its exactly the motivation I need and I hope a little bit of rain won't get in the way of this.

Finally, I'm also going to invest in a running coach. Little bit nervous bout it, but know it will help and I can't help but be excited!

With that being said, I know I don't need luck as our running community is awesome and I have all the support I need. All that's left to say is BRING IT ON!!

Night all and Happy Running
xox

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't have to be pretty, it doesn't even have to be good (all the time), you just need to be constant, that's what I've learnt. I think a running coach is a great idea, one of my friends has invested in that and I understand it's been a great thing. Keep up the fantastic work. I enjoy reading about your progress, we're all in it together.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - I'm a little bit excited. Start my training sessions with a coach on Saturday. No doubt I'll blog all about.. Congrats on your recent half to awesome. Will have to try and meet up at one if we get the chance :)

      Delete