Saturday, May 24, 2014

Excuses

It seems like all I'm doing lately is making excuses and I don't like it. If I'm not injured I'm sick. If I'm not sick I'm injured. When will it end??  

I was finally feeling back on track last week with 4 solid running sessions and strength work in-between. It was the best I've felt in a long time and was happy to be back into it as I haven't done much since Run for the Kids. Injury wise, I was also feeling pretty good. But alas, it was short lived. This is week I've had a cold and done absolutely nothing. 

I was dreading this mornings coaching session as he'd warned me to bring my A game and to be prepared to get that heart rate up.. That he did. It was tough. Lots of sprints and more fine tuning of technique. Had to have a couple of breathers to blow out the boogers in my nose and catch my breath. Lets just say I barely made it through it. I got home showered and went back bed to bed. It was coach's orders of course! 

I've really gotta get my act together and get a few more long runs back in before my next big event ~ the 10k's at Run Melbourne in July. I also need to get back on track and continue my half marathon training. A few 6/8k runs aren't gonna cut it.

lovely morning for coaching session no. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment