Monday, December 8, 2014

Susans Classic Re~Cap

Well folks, yesterday marked my final fun run for 2014. 
It was an early start, 5.30am to be exact and Melbourne was experiencing a massive down pour. It literally had not stopped raining the entire night... Vastly different from the extreme heat wave we experienced at the same event this time last year. So while the rest of you were sleeping and snuggled up in your doona's I braved the conditions and headed off to St Kilda to run the 10k course.
Ready to go !!! Huddling under a tree from the rain!
 The rain didn't let up for the entirety of the race and it was a bit on the cool side, but I was happy.. Give me rain rather than heat any day. It was a lovely flat course but thanks to all the rain, the last half a kilometer became a bit of cross country course. The course finished on a dirt pathway that was covered in pot holes and puddles, and we had to dodge our way through them making sure we didn't fall over at the same time. 
And we're off
I didn't quie sub the hour I was hoping to but I did beat my PB from Run Melbourne in July by 2 mins to run over the line in an 1.04. At the same event last year which was my first 10's I ran it 1.11 so I'm pretty stoked to think I've improved my time by 7 mins. 

It's all about the Bling!
So what's install for 2015 you might ask? 
At the stage, nothing. I'll probably do my favourite Run for the Kids, but that's pretty much it. As I've said before I really just wanna enjoy the running now and focus on getting quicker and trying to crack that hour for my 10k's and getting under the half n hour for 5k's.  I'm so close, so watch this space!
 
Until next time,
Night all and happy running xo

P.S. The Susan's Classic Women's Fun Run  raises money towards the Breast Cancer Network of Australia.  The BCNA provides support to Australians affected by Breast Cancer and provides Women with the very best support, information, treatment and care appropriate for their needs. It's a women only event, where women run in pink to honor loved ones that lost their battle and to also raise awareness.

Field of women

1 comment:

  1. I agree Sarah! Much better to run in the rain. Congratulations on a great time, and a great run.

    ReplyDelete