Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Battle of the Snooze Button

Firstly apologies for being so long between blogs. It's been a big month and to be honest I haven't really found anything to new to blog about. 

Anyways, enough excuses here we go! 

Every Friday morning my alarm goes off at 5.45 am and I bounce out of bed. I go meet a friend at the gym and we smash out a training session together. I love it - it feels great afterwards and it's so nice getting it out of the way early, leaving me feeling energized for the rest of the day and knowing that I can just sit back and enjoy the day, cause all my hard work is done.

But do you think I can do this for myself? No. It's so frustrating. Every night i go to bed with good intentions. I lay out all my gym clothes, I set my alarm for 6. But alas. As soon as 6.00 comes along, I hit that snooze button, roll back over and go back to sleep.

Why?

Why am I so reliant on having to meet people for training?

I get so annoyed on myself, but I'm sure I'm not the only one out there doing this. Everyone keeps telling me, once you get into the routine you'll be fine. I guess I'm just wondering how does one start breaking old habit? Maybe I need my own Commando to blow whistles and horns and yell at me to get out of bed.

Unfortunately not many foodie pics at the moment - a lot of repeat recipes and nothing new to get excited about.  

Mexican Shepherds Pie - a winner!
Nigh Night x

No comments:

Post a Comment