Sunday, June 23, 2013

JFDI - Frost and all


Brrrr, it's cold out there. ... Yep the last couple of mornings have been pretty cold and frosty -1 degrees to be precise, for our Super Sess yesterday and then 1 degrees at the steps this morning. But as the motto goes, we still just F'n did it. And I Smashed it.

For the first time, yesterday, I ran 4.5 km's around the river without stopping! Thanks to the cold I had a few weeks ago, it's put me behind a little bit in my 10 km running program. Next Sat I'm suppose to be up to 6kms so will have to see how I go.I'm still pretty stoked to think I can run 4.5 kms considering when I first started the program I couldn't even run to the park and back which was a couple of blocks away!

Also, I must give my aunty a huge shout out and thank you for joining me this morning at the 1000 steps, and then cooking up such a yummy breakky afterwards...  It was a bit tougher this morning, as I decided to pack my back pack to how I think I would for the Inca Trail and man did that extra weight add up quickly!! Crikies - what have I got myself into?

Me & Aunty Pauline, top of the 1000 steps
In other big news - I dropped a nickers size - woo hoo and my lulu lemon kitty is up to $40!!! 

I guess the next big challenge I wanna set myself is to go Cold Turkey with soft drink! How does one do this ?? I've cut back significantly to what I used to, but still having trouble cutting it out completely. Any of you have any tips ?

That's it for another blog.. Here's to another busy week ahead and hopefully a Pink Ladies Grandfinal win on tuesday night - stay tuned.

Night all xo

After smashing my 4.5 km running this morning - VERY HAPPY!!

 
A cup of herbal tea is now far more enjoyable with a couple of pieces of chocolate - But how does one stop at our portion size of 2 ?  


Bean Nachos - so yummy!! Definitely a new fav that I'll be repeating for sure!
French Toast - Always a winner!

Turkey, Cheese and Basil Pesto Toasty - A new Fav lunch :)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I cut out diet soft drink and I really thought it would kill me but I switched to plain mineral water or soda water and although it is not the same (and I am still getting used to it) I do think the bubbles help make the adjustment. I still drink coffee and water and am drinking more tea too. Just find a substitute that you like and stick with it for a while. It takes a few weeks to change a habit but you do get there eventually. A little splash of pure juice (like pomegranate) as a special treat helps too. Kim VB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim. Yeah I don't mind a bit of soda water. For me like you said, it's the bubbles i get addicted to. Like the idea of pomegrante to, i usually just stick to lime!! Cheers

      Delete
  2. For me I went cold turkey. Made sure there was none in the house, and drank lots of water. It definitely sucked, I hated setting other people cracking open a can at work. But I set my mind to it and focused on how long I could go without a coke zero. I have it up preseason of round 3 12wbt last year and haven't had a coke since, apart from once as a mixer at a party.

    I have the occasional lemonade or mineral water but find them so sugary now.

    Bob Harper says to people who complain about not enjoying switching to water to just suck it up! It's so much better for your health :-)

    Just say no !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *seeing (but if you miss the bubbles try sparkling mineral water - the flavorless kind, I don't enjoy it though)

      Delete
    2. Wow that's amazing Jen. Nice one. You're right though. Coke zero is something i have every day at lunch time to get me through the arvo. I don't have coffee, so it's kinda my caffeine fix also.

      I've never liked mineral water either but happy drinking soda water.

      Hmmm - the challenge is on!!!

      Delete