Sunday, March 2, 2014

A New PB

This morning I was feeling nervous but was 'somewhat" ready to go. I was going to tackle the same 11k's, my longest run yet, that failed me two weeks ago. 

It was a warm morning but otherwise perfect conditions. Luckily there's drinking taps every few k's which I made the most of, however I'm thinking I might have to start looking at and invest in one of those belt things that hold a few bottles. Although not sure if it was just get annoying and how heavy they would be.  Anyone tried running with these before?

Anyways back to my run. I got through the first few k's without any trouble, apart from there being a random fun run on at the river and they decided to run towards me and take up the whole path without letting me get through. Grrrrr... It's one of biggest pet hates and I believe the race goers really need to be taught the etiquette of sticking to the left and respecting other runners also sharing the track. Don't even get me started. 

Enjoying a new part of the river I hadn't run to before

I got to the 6km mark where I came undone last time. Once I got to that half way point and turned around for home I really got into the groove and started to enjoy it. The last few k's seem to go really quickly and apart from a minor stitch at the 8k's, I reached my 11k's excited and feeling reasonably unscathed. According to my Nike app, I ran 0'38"/km faster than the average of my last 7 runs. Happy days, and feels good knowing that I'm slowly improving my average pace.  


To top the morning off Peter and I decided to treat ourselves and finally check out a newish cafe called "Mama Bears" that has opened up around the corner. Was so yummy and the vibe was great. Even Peter who's is the most fussiest person when it comes to eating out was impressed. We even got to meet the owner and can't wait to go back again.  

My delicious Savoury French Toast with Ham, Fried Egg and Tomato Relish

Another big week ahead for me with some interval running tomorrow night, netball and boxing Tuesday and my last run in the Brook's Sunset Series on Wednesday night. 
Until next time, have a great week all and Happy Running
xo

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! It's great to go and smash a goal. And yes I hear you on the getting out of the way, even trying to pass someone going the same way and you let them know you're passing. Very annoying. Or dogs on leads don't checked in when getting up close and they nearly trip you up. Oh you've started me off on a rant here LOL.

    Good job.
    Carol / www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol.. Sounds like you're smashing goals as well! You go girl :)

      Delete