Monday, March 31, 2014

Two Towns Trail

Firstly, apologies that it's been so since my last blog. Truth of the matter is I've been injured since my last Sunset series run and apart from a couple 4k runs I haven't been out at all.

The good news is I'm back. Well almost anyways. Whilst at home in Warragul on the weekend I finally had the time to run our two towns trail. It's a 7km trail that connects Drouin to Warragul and winds its way through our beautiful countryside. The start of the trail is also a few k's from home so when I tack that on to it, it ends up being a 10km run.

Start of the Two Towns Trail
I was a little bit nervous as like I said I hadn't run more than 4km in 3 weeks. It was the perfect morning weather wise, and mum dropped me off at the Drouin end to run home. She then went home, dropped the car off, jumped on her bike and met me half way along the trail with water and set the pace for me for the last half of the run. What a trooper she is hey!



I loved the run. Hardly another runner in sight which was a nice change from the usually overcrowded Maribyrnong River. It was just me in the great outdoors plodding along and taking in all sights and smells of our great country.. 

One of the few hills I had to attack
My butt was a little sore but mostly it was just the hills I struggled up. I managed to keep a good pace for most of it and as Dad always says "attack the hills". After an hour and 14 mins, I finally made it home. I was stuffed but wrapt to think i got through it.


 After my run, I had a remedial massage to help relieve the stress out of butt and make it right for big run for the kids 15k run in two weeks time. It's feeling good now, so I'm hoping that after another run on Wednesday night and another long on the weekend, I just might be right. 

Night all and Happy Running x

No comments:

Post a Comment