Thursday, August 18, 2016

And she's ba-ack

So the other night I randomly stumbled across this great old blog of mine and was having a good chuckle reading through all my old posts. It seems like only yesterday and although it's been well over 18 months since I last wrote anything, I thought it's time to document some of my highlights and start blogging again. 

Since my hara marathon all the way back in October 2014, 2015/16 has been pretty quiet in terms of participating in major fun runs. My main highlights included:
  • Sunset series Melbourne Zoo Run
  • Run For The Kids - 5k
  • Melbourne Marathon Festival - 10k
  • Run to the Dog trail run - 10k
  • Run Melbourne - 10k
For me, Park run has definitely become the biggest part of my life and I can't wait for every Saturday morning to come around. Parkrun organise a free, weekly, 5km timed run around the world and are open to everyone of all standards... It's a great community event that also encourages everyone to have a coffee or breakky afterwards at a local cafe. 

Through this experience I've been fortunate enough to have met and made so many wonderful new friends and even got involved with another running group (Red and Black running team associated with Maribyrnong Parkrun and Essendon Athletics Club).  Joining Parkrun was the best decision I ever made, and would encourage you to jump on the bandwagon. You can also check out some of my Park run stats here.

So what's in stall next? I've signed up to the Womens 10k Classic in St Kilda in December but are now trying to decide whether to enter the Harvest Run, Melb Mara festival or something else in between to keep me motivated. 

Stay tuned, and I'll look forward to my bringing you all my running updates / news once more!

Night all and happy running x

No comments:

Post a Comment