Sunday, August 28, 2016

Park run no.44

Another Saturday and another Parkrun under my belt. Edging all that bit closer to my 50th...
Yesterday was a very special Parkrun as it was Maribyrnong's 2nd birthday with a superhero villan theme... Was such a fun morning and the perfect way to start the weekend. 
Our Red and Black Running team in their finest
In terms of my run. It wasn't the greatest. In fact - it was a major struggle... 
We had a very hard training session on thursday night with the red and blacks which included a 2k warm up, 4 x 100m run throughs then 3 x 1000m sprints with 400m recovery in between. So pulled a bit sore from that and was am still on the come back trail after a dose of bronchitis .. 

I started off really well, but only just managed to get through the run without stopping. Really struggled in the last 2k's. I knew from the start, it was never going to be a PB, was just happy to be back out there again. Hopefully will be up around my 29 mins soon.  
Official time - 32.56. Bring on Pacers next week.

Approaching the finish line

 Until next time - happy running x

No comments:

Post a Comment