Saturday, October 8, 2016

It's been a while - am I bad?

Firstly apologies. I know I've just declared I'm back blogging again, but it's been a big month and I'm sorry for neglecting it. Friends have visited from interstate, we've been interstate on holidays, and I just haven't had time.

During this time there's been a couple of big runs and new ones as well, so if you're interested, please keep reading ...

All the way back on the 10th September,  I competed in my first relay event with the red and black running group for Essendon Athletics against St Bernards Athletic club in the Burke-Stobaus Challenge.

In teams of 4, each of us had to run the 4km loop around Maribyrnong River. Like with most team events, it was spirited and there was lots of support from across the other side of the river as we ran around the loop.

Was a great afternoon watching some of our champions in action too. The winner ran 4ks in 12.01 mins - incredible. Was a great event, and will be looking forward to other similar ones like this in the future.


On Saturday 24th September we drove out to the Yarra Glen Racecourse the very first Harvest Run.

It was a muddy and wet track to start with, but a very enjoyable 6km through the picturesque Yarra Valley finishing with a lap around the track. It wasn't the easiest of runs but shouldn't complain as some ran in the 13k event which started and Healesville winding through some massive hills with some stretching for over a kilmoter. Def made the right choice there, but who knows, maybe next year. 


During the last month I have I also clocked up a few more parkruns and are only 4 away from joining the 50 club. Keen to be a tourist again and travel to a few different parkruns. Still have Albert Park on the bucket list and perhaps a Diamond Creek or Coburrg might be thrown in there too .

I've also signed up to a couple more big runs over the next few months so need commit now more than ever.. This includes:
  • 10k in the Geoff Watt memorial run, Warragul on 30th October
  • 15k City to Sea on Sunday 20th November; and 
  • 10k Carmans Classic on Sunday 4th December
If you're still with me, thanks for reading. I know I do so much better when I put in the effort so with that in mind - NO MORE EXCUSES - JFDI!! Big few months ahead. 

That's it, 
Happy running x

No comments:

Post a Comment