Monday, December 16, 2013

Tis the Silly Season

And after 5 days in a row of Christmas parties and 30ths I'm happy to report that I have managed to maintain my weight throughout and not gain any extra kilo's. 
  So yay me, I'm one very happy girl at the moment.

It's been one crazy week and I must admit I wasn't always the "good girl'. I made some good choices and some bad choices, but really how many chicken skewers with satay sauce on the side can one girl have? And how can you knock back a $13 parma when a salad and soft drink cost $30. And when you have friends over from interstate and it's a sunny afternoon it means a rooftop and beer!

I must admit thought I'm so relieved to be back in routine and cooking healthy clean food once more. We've also just moved buildings with work and my gym is now in the same building which is awesome cause it means I can now squeeze workouts in over lunch time.

In other news, yesterday I went for a run but instead of jumping in the car and driving to the river to do a lap, I ran all the way there, did the lap (the shorter one) and ran all the way back. Annoyingly my app decided to stop working half way through, so not exactly sure on the distance. but i think it was close to the 10km. I was a bit slower than usual as I was soo tired from a late night out before, but still I did it even it did take me an hour and a half, plus it was up hill on the way back.. I even backed it up with some hill interval training today.
 
Looking forward to an early night tonight as it's the first night I've been home in a week.
So night all, I'm off to bed! But not without a few foodie pics from the last couple of weeks. Sorry it's been so long!! 

After my 10km Sussans Fun Run effort - this was Peter's amazing Double Minted Warm Lamb Salad

Indian Fish - simple and so quick and yummy!

Another winner - Chicken Fajitas - the best thing was left overs for lunch!
The Simple things are often the best - Spinach and Baked Beans on toast

No comments:

Post a Comment