Friday, December 27, 2013

A Special Run

After a lovely couple of days in Adelaide with Peter's family for Christmas it's nice to be home again and making the most of such a sunny afternoon. And what an afternoon it turned out to be.

My sister was keen to take Harry out in the pram and go for a run with him for the first time.. I of course was just keen to get out there and run off the extra food / drink I'd consumed over the last couple of days. Today wasn't about distance or time. We just got out there and enjoyed each others company. But for those interested, we did manage to run the 4.3 km lap without stopping in 30 mins and Ams managed to push the pram the whole way, with flat tires and all!!

I've always been jealous of my sister and her amazing athletic ability and achievements. As most of you may know she's represented Australia with Ultimate Frisbee and is quite the athlete.  This time last year I couldn't even run around the corner to the park and back, so it means so much that we can now enjoy running together and I don't hold her up. 

So thank you Amy, was great to share this moment with you and Harry. Hopefully there will be plenty more runs ahead of us and even maybe a fun run in the new year!!

Love my gorgeous sister and little man xx




No comments:

Post a Comment