Sunday, January 12, 2014

Best one yet

So yesterday was our first Super Saturday Session for 2014. With the alarm set for 7.30 am there was no sleep in for me. I also had the challenge of my first 8km run on my own.

It was the perfect morning weather wise. Overcast and cool. I set off with my new running playlist and managed to keep an average pace of 6.40. I was pretty excited by this as normally I would plod along around the 7.00 and usually would have to have someone running with me to keep up that kinda pace. Something just clicked yesterday and I just kept going. I pushed through the usual stitch instead of giving into it. Overall it was also my best time for 8km which was 56.43. Actually that's 8.5km in 56.43. Still a long way to go if I wanna reach my half mara goal but I know I can do it if I can keep this mind set.


After my run, I was exhausted but happy to meet up with the rest of the girl's at 9.15 for part 2 of our SSS which was a circuit and boxing session. It was so good to be back and making the most of our great outdoors. The best thing about these sessions are we chat and laugh the entire way through it and the time flies. Next weeks challenge will be 10km on my own and hopefully 1000+ calories. Which I still can't quite seem to crack.

Working Hard
The girls after our first big super sess of 2014
After burning about 800 calories, we all decided to go for a coffee and breakky at Poyntons which is a lovely cafe at a nursery opposite where we train at Maribyrnong River. It was the perfect way to wind down and enjoy some great company.

Cheggymite Muffins with poached eggs! Yum! 
Not quite sure how I'm gonna get through this next week as temperatures in Melbourne are set to average 40 degrees all week. Arrrggghhhhhh...... Luckily we've just purchased this awesome baby pool which will hopefully help us copy a little bit.


 And with that I think it's time to say night all, and hope you have a good week and keep cool xo

No comments:

Post a Comment