Monday, January 6, 2014

It's all paying off

It's great to be home after a weekend of partying and what's even better is that after months of hard work, it's finally all paying off.

On the weekend, we packed our bags for a mini getaway to Queenscliffe for a friends wedding. I even packed my running gear as I was keen to get out in the new surrounds and make most of the ocean views.

On the Saturday morning before the wedding I made plans with a new running buddy to be up at 8.30. It was drizzling a little, and it was cold and windy but that wasn't gonna stop us. Thankfully by the time we got started the rain had cleared, and the sun even poked through. We followed the hilly rail trail for a few km's then turned around and made our way back to the train station where we started. It wasn't the fastest run, but we were just happy to be out and about as the old me would have still been back in bed snuggled under the covers and I wouldn't have even considered packing my runners.

The best bit about this weekend was that most of our friends that came down for the wedding are family friends that I hadn't seen in six months or so. I received so many compliments on how amazing I was looking and so fit and happy... Even the bride took time out on her day, to say how great I looked which was such a great compliment. The last wedding I went too I felt so blah. I think I changed outfits about three times and was just so uncomfortable... So thanks heaps to everyone who has supported me along the way, I couldn't be more happier. 

Feeling pretty happy with my boy at the wedding!
On a final note, looking forward to making the most of my last day of holidays tomorrow with around the river with my little sis.

Night all, and happy running 
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment