Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Twelve months on

It's hard to believe that this week marks my 1 year anniversary since beginning my journey on 
Michelle Bridges 12WBT. It was new years day last year where I was looking back at photos from the night before and I was horrified at what I saw. I felt miserable. 

I knew that I had to do something about it there and then.  Some may have called it a new years resolution but I also had a dream of hiking the Inca Trail, so I was keen to find something that would motivate me to not only loose a few kilos but become a fitter & healthier me. I'd heard about this 12wbt through another friend and through watching the Biggest Loser and had heard great reviews. No more excuses I told myself so i decided to sign up. It turned out to be the best decision I've ever made. 

One of the best thing about this program is not only does it provide you with regular mindset videos, menu plans and exercise plans, it also has the best online support one could ever ask for. It was through these forums that I found a local group to train with. These wonderful ladies have now become close friends and I look forward to each training session, or each random run or yoga together. This support is what has helped me get to where I have today. So thank you.
Looking back over the last 12 months and what I've achieved, words just cannot describe how happy and proud I'm feeling right now. When comparing the two photos below, I can't quite believe the change, and hardly recognise myself.  It's been a hard slog, but as many other 12wbt'ers will agree with me, this program will change your life.
Left: Me on NYE 2013 - Right: Me on NYE 2014


 Here's some of my random achievements  
- I'm now 8 kilos lighter and 30 cm's smaller; 
- I survived and trekked the 4 day Inca Trail to Machu Pichu;
- I can now run 10 km's without stopping and are in training for my first half marathon;
- I'm fitter, healthier and happier;
- I tried my first Cross fit / body pump / bikram yoga and spin class;
- I've come off medication Ive been on for for 7 yrs;
- I started playing netball again with the Pink Ladies;
- I've given up coke-cola; 
- I have an awesome new bunch of friends; and
- I HAVE CHANGED MY LIFESTYLE!  

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
THANK YOU
- to everyone who has ever read my blog and provided inspiration, tips and encouragement
- to KB and my aunty for training sessions on the 1000 steps;   
- to the girls that first signed me up for sat sessions at queens park; 
- to the transformer girls for your ongoing support / training sessions and encouragement
- to the pink ladies;
- to my little sis for our awesome runs around the river and ongoing encouragement and tips/advice;
- to my man for his ongoing positive attitude and support, for running up and down hills with me, for running our first fun run together, for all the thoughtful & healthy dinners, and for putting up with my tantis; and finally
- to mum and dad for their ongoing support, advice, encouragement and random runs in the countryside and hikes up Mount Cannibal.

To all I say THANK YOU. Thank you for sharing this journey with me. I still have a way to go, but know I can do it! This is not a goodbye as I will continue to push towards my first half marathon and share it with you. It is simply a reflection on my last 12 months and why it has been so special. 

So night all, here's to a bigger and better 2014 x

6 comments:

  1. You look fantastic Sarah, there's a light in your eyes in the second photograph. Bravo.

    Carol
    www.finding-carol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are such an inspiration Sarah.you look fabulous in the photo . I'm glad you also had a change with the haircut and colour as well. Sometimes the two go hand in hand .meaning weight loss and new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzi - Everyone is still commenting on how awesome my hair looks. I love it and it's a great change, will have to book in soon for another touch up :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! You look awesome. Congratulations on your progress so far and good luck with all of your future goals. I know that you will be able to achieve them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a difference in those photos. You look great! Well done on your achievements :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - Thanks ladies... Your support means a lot.

    ReplyDelete