Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Byron Bay Bliss

What a weekend! I woke up on Friday so excited as our countdown was finally over and we were just about on our way to Byron Bay for a weekend away in paradise.. But before getting on that plane it was business first. Our flight wasn't scheduled til late Friday afternoon, so I decided it was best to fit in my long run before we left. It was a good thing I did, cause our time in Byron was limited and it meant I could make the most of it.  

 17kms was the target and I smashed it. Well maybe not time wise, but it was the best longest I run I've ever done and the most comfortable I've felt with anything over 15.. I completed the 17ks in 2.06 mins which I was pretty happy with. Apart from a few stops at some drinking taps along the way, I managed to run most of it without stopping..  It also probably helped that I had an awesome holiday to look forward to at the end of it, because the time flew by and I really enjoyed the run.

Somewhere along my 17k run.
We eventually got to the airport that arvo and what was suppose to be a nice cruisy wkened didn't start off quite so well.. Delays, then cancelled flights, then got diverted to Brisbane instead of Gold Coast which meant an extra hour drive. We really got stuffed around... But we eventually made it Byron by lunch time on Saturday and it was soooo worth the effort... It was just Bliss.. 

And this was what was waiting for us ~ Byron Bliss
 Walks along the beach ....  Drinks with a good friend ...  Steps and more steps up to look outs and more amazing beaches....
Ran 17ks then was rewarded with this!
Dolphins / Sunset walks along the beach / Lounging by the pool / Spas ... 
Even managed to fit in a 5 k run along the beach before heading home again. I didn't want to leave. 


But like I said it was short and sweet and my last horrah before getting back to reality and really knuckling down... Can't believe there's only 39 more sleeps to go..  Crazy isn't it...



 So thanks to my beautiful boy for such an awesome weekend... Was exactly what I needed.. 
Night all and Happy Running x

1 comment:

  1. What a paradise, I've never been to Byron, it looks superb. And you look so relaxed.

    ReplyDelete