Tuesday, September 16, 2014

17 kms

Firstly, apologies for being a bit slack and taking a few days to get this post up. 
What can I say?? I've been a busy girl.. 

So here we go.. 17k's was the challenge, my equal furthest run yet. 
The alarm was set for 8am but I reckon I hit the snooze button at least 3 times before I eventually dragged by butt out of bed and left the house at 9.. 

What a perfect morning
It was another cool, sunny and perfect morning as I set off... As usual the first few kilometers felt really good as I tried to get to into a rhythm and not think about how many k's I had left to go. Before I knew it, I reached the 7km mark and found myself running along a new part of the trail I'd never reached before.

Whilst exploring new parts of the trail, turned around a corner and this appeared outside a temple
Awesome, I thought. But then I had a little scare. These 3 kids on their bikes were coming towards me and taking up the whole path, refused to move out of the way of duck behind each other. I found myself having to quickly run off onto the grass to avoid being hit and in the meantime, nearly rolled my ankle. I took few deep breaths, walked for bit, stretched it out and it was as good as old. Phew... That's the last thing I need with 4 weeks ago. Stupid kids.. 

Anyways the good thing was, despite the scare, I was able to get the through the last half of the run relatively ok however I still can't seem to run the full distance without stopping. But like I learnt from the running convention last week, that's ok. I tend to use the water taps as my relief and then try to keep going. The way I'm traveling at the moment I think i'll go close to beating my 2 hours 30 mins for the half.. But then again, I am starting to doubt it just a little a bit.  

I made it ... Taking a well earnt rest on the front lawn
With 4 weeks to go I'm starting to get a bit nervous, but that's normal, right?  I really need to ramp it up one more gear and focus more than ever. More mileage, clean eating,  no excuses. (says she, who's just polished off the last bit of ice cream as I write this)... Mind you I did smash out 30 min intervals plus a CX works class a lunch time so it's all good..

And with that in mind, it's time to say good night all, happy running, and lets do it all again tomorrow.. xo

2 comments:

  1. Great going, and stop with the nerves, believe in the training you've done, you've really worked hard, just look at that map girl, it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol... And lol.. Yeah I should probably study that map hey, have no idea where it's going!! This time in 3 weeks i'll be beside myself..

    ReplyDelete