Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Getting excited

I'm happy to report that Sunday's run was by far my best one yet.

I was a bit naughty last week and had a quieter week exercise wise. No excuses, I really just couldn't be bothered.. I hadn't actually done anything since my last run on Wednesday night so come Sunday, I was ready and raring to go.. 

Another perfect morning
It was back to 15ks this week and for the first time, I managed to get through the most of it without stopping. Mentally I was feeling pretty good also. I had one quick pit stop at the 8km mark for a gel and some water then another quick one around the 10 when I bumped into a friend I hadn't seen in ages. Quick chat then finished the last 5 really strongly. 

 

I finished in 1:43... 14 mins faster than my run for the kids 15 ks in April. Crazy hey.

I think having that few days rest before really made a difference, so if this is what tapering is all about then I'll be laughing come my half. Nah not really......  I'm really starting to get nervous but I'm also very excited....  I've got one more long run (19ks) left this weekend, and that's it.  Then let the tapering begin.
 
 After my run, I was bit excited cause me, my boy and a couple of friends went to check the new German beers halls - Munich Brauhaus that have just opened up at Docklands. Was so much fun and can't wait to go back.  

Cheers, I definitely earnt this beer!! 
And look what finally arrived in the mail today - there's definitely no backing out now...
Only 18 sleeps to go - eeeeee!!! 


Night all and happy running xo

No comments:

Post a Comment