Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day Classic

Before I fill you in on yesterday's Mothers Day Classic, I thought I should start by mentioning, that today officially marks the start of Round 2 for us 12wbt'ers... 
Signing up to 12wbt has been one of the best decisions I've ever made. I wish all you newbies the best of luck and hope that you all get out of it as much as I have! Don't be nervous - "JFDI" and embrace this amazing journey! Trust me, you'll never look back!! To all of us returning members - YAY us - lets continue kicking our goals together!  

Now, as you probably know, yesterday was Mothers Day.... A day where we honour our mums, and say thanks for all that they do. It's also about, the Mothers Day Classic, an annual event that celebrates Mothers day with fun runs across Australia raising money for breast cancer research.

Some of our lovely "Transformers" crew before the 8km run
 I'd only ever previously entered into the walking events, but this year, given I've already done a couple of 5km runs, I decided to push myself and enter the 8km run. 

I took dad's advice and attacked the dreaded Anderson St hill, not once but twice and I smashed my previous 5km record by a minute and a half.  Having only previously ran in 5km, I really had no idea what to aim for but was stoked I completed the first 4 km lap without stopping and did it all within the hour. 57mins 54secs to be exact.

I really surprised myself, and can't wait to get stuck into Round 2 and learn how to run 10km! 

YAY - We did it!!!  All of us within the hour!!

And of course a blog from me wouldn't be a blog without some more foodie pics :) 

Caramelized pork with apples and sweet mash (my boy made this one and plated it up - impressive!)
Boiled egg with vegemite soldiers




Penang chicken
Mushroom and Basil Risotto
 
That's it from me tonight - night night xo

No comments:

Post a Comment