Saturday, February 23, 2013

Smashing Todays SSS

12WBT French Toast
So for those who haven't figured it out yet SSS stands for "SUPER SATURDAY SESSION" designed for us to try and burn up to 1000 calories in one session. Crazy you might say, yes, especially for little people like me... It's certainly  a challenge that's for sure!

Today's SSS was like no other. I was up at 7 to watch the mighty Melbourne Storm take on Leeds to become "World Champions"....  The perfect start to get me in the mood for a training session especially after we coooked up a storm with this amazing french toast with berries, banana and maple syrup - so yum!!!
Not more burpees

I made it down to our local park to meet up with my other 12wbt training buddies where we smashed it... Steps / cardio / push ups / the dreaded burpees, the plank, you name it, we did it! Still didn't get to the 1000 calories that was expected, but like I said, I don't have as much to lose as others, and I guess that's a goal I can work on over the next few weeks. I have no doubt, you'll hear about it when I reach it :).

Spaghetti and Meatballs
Saturdays we also normally get a treat meal for dinner after all our hard work, but tomorrow, we're off to Hanging Rock for the annual harvest picnic so I'm gonna save it for then. Instead we cooked up 12wbt's spaghetti and meatballs - so so yum, and believe it or not, under 300 cals.

So as you can imagine, I'm exhausted and ready for bed. But not without my barney banana of course !!!

Until next time, nigh night!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment