Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Personal Best

What a big couple of days.. 

Stay tuned for the official pics!
Today I smashed my PB, and reached my goal of running 5km under 40 mins in the Grand Prix fun run. I was stoked and so pleased to have mum there supporting me and cheering me over the finish line. I couldn't believe it when I looked down and saw 38 mins. Lets not talk about the tears and emotions that soon boiled over. Last time I ran 5kms was with Dad in the Melbourne Marathon and my time was 43 mins, so this was huge! Thanks12wbt!

Early morning run (6am)
Yesterday I smashed my biggest Super Saturday Yet ..  I managed to burn almost 900 calories. Getting closer and closer to the 1000 target .... Our training group also beat some demons for our Mini milestone week and jumped in the pool to swim a few laps. Had the kickboard and need a lot of work on my breathing techniques, but I'm sure I'll get there, one day!!!

The challenge for me this week is gonna be the heat. Melbourne is averaging 30+ degrees with the next few days over 35. So sleepless nights and hot days ahead are gonna make it tough. Looks like I'll have to have more 6.00am sessions in the dark.  

Unfortunately, I have no foodie pics for you this time, as I've been out & about the last few nights and just haven't had the time. Please stay tuned for more next week..

Anyways, it's been long day and I'm exhausted, so until next time, nigh night it is xo

No comments:

Post a Comment