Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It's a hard slog!

So today marked our first mini milestone on 12wbt.. Our 4 week weigh in and the first time we've taken measurements since the program started.

Mixed emotions as I discovered I've lost a total of 8 cms plus 1.7 kgs. I know I should be happy with any loss, but for all the hard yacka I've been doing plus giving up alcohol for the last 6 weeks, I really expected more...

I guess the most frustrating thing about it is, that even with all the squats, lunges, pushs ups, planks, etc etc nothing has even budged from my thighs or arms, GRRRR...

As my wonderful friends & family keep telling me, slow and steady is a good thing, and more likely to stay off! I sure hope so, and I know that I'm probably just being to hard on myself. At the end of the day at least I'm feeling much healthier, fitter, and more confident to tackle the grandprix fun run on sunday..

One things's for sure, I can't believe I'm slogging it out in 33 deg heat. No more excuses for me!!! The real test will come on Saturday where we'll be doing our fitness tests again, to see how much we've really approved. Stay tuned.

As usual on a final note, here are my fav meals of the week. 

Salmon Stir Fry with Chinese Broccoli and Ginger
I switched the salmon for chicken, so yum! Was a winner for sure!


Chicken Waldorf Salad
Perfect on a warm summers evening! 


Nigh Night xo

No comments:

Post a Comment