Sunday, April 7, 2013

Smashed it!

I'm so pumped at the moment.... In case you missed my last post, I set myself a challenge for this week's mini milestone to run 20 mins without stopping. Today - I SMASHED it!!! So proud of how far I've come and can't wait for Round 2 to begin!!

I don't know why I ever doubted myself and thought it was gonna be so hard.. I made myself a 20 min play list, with one of my fav rev up songs last, so I knew when I was near the end.. It really is a mental challenge more than anything. I had to keep telling myself "Just keep running, Just keep running" lol.. I'm laughing cause as I'm typing this Im saying it in the voice of Dori from finding Nemo, as in "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming"!! Sorry, but lol..

In other news, tonight, I tried to make the char grilled chicken skewers (minus the skewers), cause they sounded so yum and I'm gonna be away the night we're suppose to cooking them. Flavours, were awesome, but for some reason I just couldn't get the consistency right with the sauce. I followed the recipe exactly, which is what's more frustrating,  just not sure what went wrong. I'm beginning to wonder whether there was an error in the recipe in that it should be coconut milk instead of coconut cream as it states.. Anyone, care to enlighten me ??

On a final note, the Rice Pudding with Raspberry Jam was an absolute winner!!

Nigh Night all, I'm exhausted.. This change of day lights savings is gonna play havoc this week!!  x

Rice Pudding with Raspberry Jam
Char Grilled Chicken with Satay Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment