Friday, April 26, 2013

Anzac Day Special Edition

Anzac Day is so special to so many of us. It's a day for remembering and a day of reflection. For me, it's one of those days, I look forward to as much as a little kid at Christmas and a reason why I love Melbourne so much !! 

It's hard to describe what it feels like, to be standing amongst 93,000 in absolute silence, paying respect to our serviceman and women ... As the last post blares through the stadium, as the teams line up side by side, arm in arm, as we sing our anthem loud and proud, as the MCG errupts with sounds of Cmon the Bombers' - Nothing can Beat it!! 

Anzac Day at the MCG with 93,000 of my closest mates

And what a game it was too.. After the Bombers smashed the Pies by 46 points I walked across the bridge from the MCG to AAMI Park for another special block buster between the Melbourne Storm and New Zealand Warriors !!!!  Another moving service and another awesome game and a win to the Storm... Got the Double!!! :)

AAMI PARK - Storm v Warriors
 This year, was a little trickier than normal given my recent commitment to 12wbt.  
I was a good girl though. I got a up, went for a walk, had a good brunch and made up a ham & salad wrap to take for between games... Along with the wrap, I packed a couple of bottles of water, protein bar and home cooked anzac day bikkies and off i went...  No coke or fries for me :)

12 wbt Anzac Day Bikkies
Hope I did my boy's mum's bikkies have the justice they deserved... 
Apparently they're soooo good, that no ones will ever beat them! 
I think mine came pretty close!

My ham salad wrap for the footy!!

And with that I it's nigh night from me xo

No comments:

Post a Comment